Thanks a lot for your detailed answer Eric, very insightful. I do have follow up questions that would help understand further.
1. Would you have this separately for iOS and Android?
2. By "presented by ad set / campaign / channel" do you mean that you would for example have a "view by" filter that lets you see each chart mentioned either:
- at the channel level (e.g. comparing selected channels)
- at the campaign level (e.g. comparing selected campaigns from selected channels)
- at the ad set level (e.g. comparing ad sets from selected campaigns from selected channels)
This seems like it would be hard to read quickly.
Or can you "only" compare (i.e have on a chart at the same time) campaigns from 1 channel, or ad sets from 1 campaign?
(if this is not clear, can you just expand on "presented by ad set / campaign / channel"?)
3. Regarding the "time series"
If you have different campaigns optimizing towards different metrics (different objectives), would you then have a time series with all these metrics (e.g. Cost per Install, Cost per Registration, Cost per Purchase)? Or would you just focus on the one key metric regardless of what you're optimizing for in each campaigns (e.g. Cost per Purchase if that's what matters the most)?
4. Regarding "Spend / install metrics" toggle
Could you detail what you mean there? Do you mean being able to overlay spend and/or installs over the time series of optimization metric mentioned above (for example # of Purchases - I'm assuming this would be more relevant than vs. Cost per Purchase) so you can understand correlations with performance of the optimization metric?
5. ROAS curves
Something like this (from the Liftoff Dashboard)? https://liftoff.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ROAS_by_day.png
I assume that when you were talking about installs it was paid UA installs. Would you also monitor organic as well somewhere? Maybe have a way to compare your optimization metric (e.g. # of Purchases) for "paid only", organic and total (paid + organic).
7. Finally, it's my understanding that you would leave things like CTR, CVRs, etc. out of this high-level report and to be looked at in each platform when optimizing campaigns, ad sets, ads. Is that correct?